Analysis and Planning
Begin with a solid foundation. Lookout Point will help you do:
Market Awareness: Establish needs and requirements from the residential community, for economic development or for a particular revenue or service target. At your request, we will:
- Gather baseline information: where are you today?
- Perform Market Surveys to assess likely penetration rates or desired services
- Identify usage trends; existent or desired
- Create probable demand projections by service or sector
Competitive Analysis: Establish the market conditions and services with whom you are likely to compete. At your request, we will:
- Identify service providers and categorize products by price, contract terms, service levels.
- In conjunction with market surveys quantify perceived qualities such as customer service, support and timeliness.
- Perform gap analysis and define baseline and high value market targets
- Identify new services not currently available
Strategic Planning: Facilitate the development of market approach including:
- Development of potential strategic partners and conduct business negotiation, policy development and management
- Identify roll-out plans
- Establish funding sources and mechanisms
- Identify legal and/or competitive hurdles and address approaches
- Assist in governance issues where appropriate
Technology and Vendor Assessment: Select and manage the architecture and components meeting your approach to services and products. We recommend a five to ten year minimum view. At your request, we will:
- Establish high-level architecture
- Define and solicit equipment and construction vendors
- Create and evaluate Requests for Information (RFI)
Financial and Business Models and Plans: Lookout Point has developed extensive financial modeling tools and spreadsheets that meet the highest level of “investment grade” quality. At your request, we will create:
- Financial Pro Forma include separate and aggregated modeling: revenue by service, sector, and implementation horizon; cost of goods; capital expenses by infrastructure electronics-optics; services builds, operational and physical infrastructure (buildings, trucks, etc), and all outside plant; operational costs for staffing and maintenance expenses; debit financing of various mixtures; which yield cash flows, income statements, and balance sheets.
- Models can include closed networks, open access networks, and/or strategic amalgamations.
- Business models include a large variety of monetization methods within or between entities.
Funding and Grant Writing: Lookout Point has supported customers that sought various forms of funding. Clients have sought grant/loan requests under American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (stimulus bill creating BTOP and BIP), the Rural Utilities Service, FCC Rural Heath Pilot, Farm Credit Banks, various foundations that award grants, Revenue and General Obligation Bonds and more. We will happily aid you in finding a path.